The Liquid Argon Software (LArSoft) Collaboration develops and supports a shared base of simulation and reconstruction software across liquid argon time projection chamber (LArTPC) neutrino experiments.
The LArSoft Collaboration is driven by the needs of the participating experiments as represented by the steering group, which consists of spokespeople of the experiments as well as representatives from Fermilab’s Scientific Computing and Neutrino Divisions. A core project team of physicists and computing professionals, hosted by Fermilab, provides organizational and technical leadership, software infrastructure and expertise, and software management and distribution services to the Collaboration. Based on input from the technical leads of the experiments, the project team develops and documents a yearly work plan, which is approved by the steering group in December and reviewed and updated quarterly.
Developers from the experiments contribute experiment-independent algorithms and tools to the common code base hosted on GitHub, The project team supports a continuous integration model to manage contributions.
More information about LArSoft is at:
- LArSoft Training – links to videos and presentations about LArSoft
- LArSoft Article – short introduction for general public
- LArSoft conference paper by Erica Snider and Gianluca Petrillo
- What is LArSoft – explains collaboration versus software aspects of LArSoft
- LArSoft Steering Group – Spokespeople of the experiments
- Concepts in LArSoft – big picture understanding of LArSoft code
- Videos and presentations from the 2019 LArSoft workshop which included LArSoft introduction and detailed tutorials, multi-threading and vectorization and long-term vision for LArSoft.
- LArSoft wiki – covers everything from introduction to details on code releases
- LArSoft Issues (on the above wiki) – tracks work areas, support questions, etc.
- LarSoft meetings – Coordination, Offline Leads, Steering Group
- larforum.org – forum hosted by the University of Manchester to discuss LArTPC software
- CI results display page – continuous integration status page (it takes time to load)