This page is designed to help people who are new to LArSoft.
- To get an overview of LArSoft, please watch the video introduction to LArSoft narrated by Ruth based on a presentation by Ruth Pordes and Erica Snider. The pdf version of the presentation is available here.
- Read through the important concepts in LArSoft. Other resources include:
- Erica’s presentation for the Fermilab 2016 Undergraduate Lecture Series, which includes an explanation of reconstruction that begins at around the 21st minute.
- Videos and presentations from the CERN 2016 tutorial for beginners to LArSoft and beginners to the Liquid Argon TPC technology.
- Presentations from the LArSoft 2015 one-day training on LArSoft data products, reconstruction, simulation and other important concepts provide a comprehensive introduction to people new to LArSoft. (No videos)
- Videos and presentations from the LArSoft 2016 workshop on Usability are targeted more for advanced users.
- Also of use may be the videos and presentations from the LArSoft 2017 workshop on tools and techniques.
- To get started using LArSoft within your experiment, go to the redmine wiki, in particular your experiment’s information on getting started under the Quick Links.
- The glossary may help in understanding the vocabulary used within LArSoft.
- Begin with larsoft.org. This website has links to almost everything you need.